Navigate the challenging journey of parenting.
Many parents find themselves in need of support in the challenging process of raising a child. The pressure of trying to live up to an ideal of parenting can add up to a significant burden, and no family is happy and healthy 100% of the time. At R&A Therapeutic Partners, Raymond Estefania and Ana Moreno understand these struggles and will offer their insights and support to bring balance to your life.
All Families Need Help Sometimes
Whether you are facing the physical and emotional challenges of being a new parent, managing internal conflicts or sailing the sometimes stormy seas of adolescence, there are many reasons all parents need a strong support system to help them succeed. The stresses of modern life can bring about a variety of crises that can cause even the most resilient families to get off track. Our Miami family therapists, Raymond Estefania and Ana Moreno, provide our expert consultation to assist you in helping you and your children through special circumstances, developmental stages or family disruptions.
As trained therapists, we can help you identify any stumbling blocks in your family dynamic and ways to be more responsive to your child’s needs and personality. You may also wish to explore your parenting style to hone your problem-solving abilities, decrease conflict and better understand your experiences alongside your child’s.
Raymond Estefania and Ana Moreno can offer tools and strategies to help you better understand, communicate and connect with your child, teen or adult family member. Whatever the issue at hand, we can identify and work on solving it together in a supportive, compassionate and encouraging manner.
How to Tell If You Need Family Therapy
Deciding to seek family therapy is a significant decision. While it may initially feel as if you are admitting defeat, there is no reason to be ashamed to admit you can’t take on everything by yourself. Think of family counseling as a way to bolster your relationships with each other. You can learn new ways to communicate, solve problems and relate to one another.
If you live in the Miami area and your family is experiencing one or more of these challenges, it may be time to consider reaching out to R&A Therapeutic Partners.
- Family members have difficulty functioning at a normal level. Is it hard to maintain your typical routine? Do you feel as if you lack the energy for daily activities?
- Family members are experiencing strong emotions. Are members of your family having mood swings or reacting with excessive fear, anger or hostility?
- There is a communication breakdown between family members. Is it more challenging to make yourself understood? Are family members shutting each other out or refusing to talk to one other?
- Family members have become withdrawn. Are you seeing a pattern of one or more family members withdrawing from typical activities?
- There are threats or instances of violence. Is violence becoming a problematic pattern between family members?
- You or a family member feels helpless. Are you struggling to cope with the tension and stress within your family? Do you wonder how much longer you will be able to handle it?
- There have been changes in a child’s behavior at school or home. Has your child started to do poorly in school? Are their teachers reporting that they act out of turn in class and disrupt fellow students? Or, does the child ignore you or act rudely at home?
- Members of the family are struggling to cope with a traumatic event. Has there been a death, divorce or separation in the family? Are you or your spouse or children having trouble adapting to the new reality?
- Family members have developed behavioral health issues. Are there challenges with alcohol or drug use? Is there a family member with an eating disorder, a behavioral problem or other mental health issue?
Here to Help Your Family Thrive
At R&A Therapeutic Partners, Raymond Estefania and Ana Moreno work from a strength-based approach to improve coping skills and change unhealthy family dynamics. Anyone struggling with substance use disorders, mental health issues, codependency or other maladaptive family patterns will benefit from our method of developing effective communication skills and setting healthy boundaries and limits. Contact us to learn more about working with our team.